This is a new resource for finding your next Children's Fiction title - it's for pupils, librarians, teachers & parents. New reviews will be given their own page, then subsequent comments on a book will be added to each book's 'Postbag'.

It's only a baby, but it'll grow. For more information on how you can feed it, click here... Add your thoughts...

Thursday 21 February 2008

Add your thoughts...

Any of you can send me a recommendation for a new book to add to this collection of our thoughts about books. I'll set up a new page for each new book so that others can then add to your thoughts. The first words on any book page should be a positive recommendation or at least a neutral introduction. Also, the Dug out by... section should give a taster of the book, but not give away too much of the story.

In the Postbag section for each book, harsh criticism is fine, providing you explain why. Also in the Postbag, you are free to discuss things that happen later in the book. Agree or disagree as you see fit, but above all, explain why you think what you think.

Other thoughts you might send in are extra Tags for books and suggestions for the site. Tags will help others to search for a book. Pick out a few tags for your book, but not too many. Take a look at which tags have been used before, but feel free to suggest a new one.

Write your thoughts on any Postbag Form - do your best on spelling and punctuation, but I'll help you out on that before I add it to the page.

Remember to include:

  • Title
  • Author
  • Your nickname which I can publish on the site
  • Your year group, school & town (optional)
  • Any Tags which might be added to your chosen book - feel free to add more than one suggested year group when you are tagging a novel

All reviews & comments posted will be monitored / edited by me. Don't worry, I don't imagine there'll be any need to censor any contributions. I might need to smarten up spellings and punctuation, but my only other reasons for checking what you say are to protect your safety and to prevent spammers spoiling the site. So, let's hear you...

2 comments:

Lucy Coats said...

Hi Dave--like the blog. Does what it says on the tin! Also a member of your FB group for teachers and librarians--even though I'm not one. You might be interested to have a look at my website www.lucycoats.com and also, since you seem to like us Scattered Authors ;-)at the SAS blog on blogger shich is: http://awfullybigblogadventure.blogspot.com/
From what I read here, you may be a magic fan--so take a look at Hootcat Hill, my latest novel. All the best with the site--I'll keep reading. Best, Lucy

Dave Cryer said...

Hi Lucy, thanks for dropping in. I dropped in at your site and the SAS blog, both of which are looking good. I'll have to have a read of your latest novel soon.